Ethos and Values of the School
We promote a love of learning within a safe and happy school in which every person matters. Christian values and spirituality are at the heart of all aspects of school life.
We provide a creative and challenging curriculum to encourage children's confidence and self-esteem. We work in partnership with governors, parents, the local church and our local community, celebrating success in all we do.
We hope to enable our pupils to:
- Be happy and successful;
- Develop an enquiring attitude towards knowledge;
- Understand about their environment and the effect we have upon it;
- Develop the ability to use and apply the knowledge acquired;
- Work towards becoming a caring, independent, self-confident adult;
- Have compassion for people in all walks of life;
- Co-operate with others.
For the school to be:
- Happy and successful;
- Warm, nurturing, safe, protective and inclusive;
- Lively, innovative and adaptable;
- Engaged with, and highly regarded within, the community;
- Sharing its good practice with others – locally, nationally and internationally.
To have a curriculum that:
- Is stimulating, engaging and fun;
- Promotes high quality learning;
- Is driven by creativity, wider learning and building successful learning behaviours which will last a lifetime;
- Enables pupils to achieve success, which is defined as the best of which they are capable;
To develop a team of staff at Moreton Say who are:
- Happy and Successful
- Aspirational for themselves, the children and the school;
- Positive in their demeanour and their actions;
- Passionate about learning, the school and doing their best for the children;
- Dedicated to the children and the school;
- Working as a team;
- Committed to professional and personal development;
- Proud of their own and the team’s achievements